Please read before submitting
While we encourage writers to submit to us, we do want you to have the chance of being accepted for publication.Our guidelines are very straightforward. Please take the time to ensure you follow our submission guidelines.
- We only accept new, never before published works
- When attaching the manuscript, make sure it is only the manuscript
- Do not include cover letters or bios in your manuscript
- A short synopsis area is provided, please use it
- Do not supply a long synopsis, keep it under 200 words
- Only submit once
- Do not use "special" fonts
- Short story submissions should be between 3,000 to 15,000 words (no exceptions)
We attempt to contact every author who submits to us. Please understand that it can take as long as three months after submission end depending on how many submissions we receive.
Once accepted, your manuscript will go through three editing steps:
- Spelling / Grammar / Punctuation
Your manuscript will stay true to the language you submit in. We want your voice in the work, so great care is taken during the editing stages. Keep in mind the work must adhere to proper spelling and grammar to be publishable.
You will be expected to supply an author picture upon acceptance with a resolution of 300 dpi.
Note: The Tumbleweed Books imprint deals with specific genres of writing. If your
manuscript is a better fit for one of our other imprints, we will forward it to them.
Submissions for Unbound IV - Goodbye to Earth, open June 1st, 2017.
Only science fiction stories with a "Goodbye to Earth" theme will be considered.
Please get your stories ready.